Code Of Conduct
Keeping our Customer Information confidential and secure is of outmost importance at Atlantic Bank. For this reason, the Bank and its employees adhere to the principles set forth in the below code of conduct:
The Employee Shall:
- Not disclose confidential information or records concerning the Bank and must maintain the confidential natures of account relationships at all times in accordance with Section 80 (2) of the BFIA.
- Handle Customer and Bank responsibilities in a prudent manner at all times.
- Conduct business on an "arms length basis", in accordance with Bank's policies and procedures, without improper reliance on friendship, family ties or gifts of favors.
- Use the resources of the Bank for the benefit of the Bank
- Consider the needs of the Belizean community in conducting Bank's business.
- Ensure that the Bank activities are in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Not discriminate based on sex, race, creed, color, national origin, political affiliation, disability, family status, sexual orientation or age when performing the duties and conducting the affairs of the Bank.
- Conduct personal financial affairs in an exemplary fashion.
- Operate on the basic principle of respectful treatment for all persons and accordingly be firmly committed to ensuring a harassment-free, positive environment for all employees and customers.
- Not make false statements about the Bank or its employees.
- Not allow omissions to be made regarding the Bank's records in accordance with Section 18 of the BFIA.
- Avoid conflicts of interest. such as working for or representing any person or firm interested in business dealing with the Bank; soliciting, demanding, or receiving anything other than nominal value from any person or firm interested in business dealing with the Bank: representing the Bank where the employee's personal interest in any transaction may affect their impartiality regarding the Bank's best interests.
- Avoid outside employment and business affiliations that conflict with the interest of the Bank. This includes holding any investmenets that present a conflict of interest with their role and duties at the Bank in accordance with Seciont 17 (1) of the BFIA.
- Prior to running for political office, inform the Bank’s management of his or her intentions prior to announcement/filing official notification that they are seeking public office.
- Prior to accepting position on a Board of any organization, inform the Bank's management.
- Comply with Section 16 (1) of the BFIA.
- Not make contributions on behalf of the Bank, without proper management authorization. Bank contributions to political campaigns are prohibited.
- If aware of improper or illegal conduct concerning the Bank's business or affairs must immediately report the same to an immediate supervisor or manager, Senior Manager or Compliance Officer(s).
- Cooperate with any investigation of any matter related to their duties at the Bank.
- Abide by these principles of conduct in words, actions and deeds at all times.
The employee further agrees with the Bank as follows:
- To report promptly to an immediate supervisor, manager or Compliance Officer(s) of the Bank should he unwittingly or otherwise become aware or involved in a situation which puts him in violation of the Code.
- That any willful violation of the Code or permission of a subordinate to do so shall be subject to disciplinary action, which may include dismissal.