Donít take your customers for granted; they keep your business running every day. Always try to bring awareness to your frontline employees and executives on how to deal with customers in the best way possible. The trick is to find out what your customerís needs are and trying your best to obtain those needs in the most friendly and helpful manner that you possibly can. Listed below are customer service tips that can help you improve your relationship with your customers.
- Quality - The quality of customer service could never exceed the quality of those who provide it. Therefore, it is important to keep those who provide the customer service well trained and satisfied. Whenever an employee is not pleased it can be reflected and the dissatisfaction can be passed on to customers.
- Your people will always treat customers the way they are treated. Do you greet your employees with a smile? Do you listen to their complaints and requests? Do you try to help them or you just ignore their petitions or opinions? Always be alert to your employeesí needs and wants, they will in turn do the same for your customers.
- Are your employees properly trained in how to handle a customer complaint or an irate customer? Train your employees to know what to say and do in every possible case. Create a guideline to highlight steps on how to handle an irate customer and at what point it is best to contact a manger for assistance.
- It is important that you know who your customers are. Employees should know regular customersí name. Calling them by their name makes them feel important and you show them that you care.
- It is also important for your customers to know who you are. If employees carry good relations with customers it is more than likely that they remember the employee. A visible management is an asset.
- Respect Ė are customers greeted when they walk through the door? Never forget to greet your customers; itís a matter of respect. Let them know that you are aware of their presence.
- Do you give your customers the benefit of the doubt? Donít fight with your customers; you will never win an argument with them. Donít put them in that situation, because remember they are the boss.
- Find ways to ask customers what they think of your business and what can be improved. A good way to do so is to place question cards at the door and desks. You can also enclose these questions on their statements or letters. Customers always like for their opinions and suggestions to be heard.