Are there any fees to access my account at another branch?
- All Atlantic Bank Branches/ATMs are Online and Real Time. As such, your account can be accessed FREE of cost at any branch.
What do I need to open a savings account?
- A valid Social Security Card or Passport. A birth certificate is accepted in the case of a child that does not have a Social Security Card or Passport.
- Minimum initial deposit of $10.00, $20.00, or $500.00 depending on type of account being opened.
- Proof of address (copy of utility bill).
- For non-residents, 2 banker’s references from established financial institutions with at least 18 months banking relationship and a valid passport.
What happens to the funds in my account if not used for a while?
- An account becomes inactive after 6 months without any transaction and is charged $6.05 quarterly.
- It becomes dormant after 3 years without any transactions and has the same charge as an inactive account.
- After 10 years it becomes abandoned property and is transferred to the Central Bank of Belize.
How do I reactivate an inactive/dormant account?
- Three deposit transactions are required within a quarter to activate the account; you can use your account after the third transaction.
How do I close my account?
- For persons living in Belize, a valid ID must be presented along with the savings passbook for savings account or all available blank check leaves for checking account.
- For persons living abroad, an original notarized authority with clear and proper instructions is required to close the account along with a notarized copy of passport. If proceeds are to be remitted to another individual, that person must present a valid ID.
- Any accounts closed within 90 days after being opened will carry a service charge of $27.25.
What type of interest is earned on Savings Accounts?
- Regular Savings Accounts earn between 2.5% and 3.0% interest per annum, depending on the daily balance.
- Golden Nest Egg Accounts earn between 2.75% and 3.75% interest per annum, depending on the daily balance.
- Super Junior Savers earn 4.0% interest per annum.
*Quarterly refers to last working day in the months of March, June, September and December.
How much do I need to leave in my account?
- All Savings Accounts and Super Junior Savers require a minimum of $10.00 to remain in the account at all times.
- Personal Checking Accounts require a minimum of $150.00 and Corporate Checking Accounts require $200.00.
Why is the Visa Debit (ATM) Card not issued the same day?
- We issue personalized debit cards, where your name and photograph are placed on the card, and provide system generated PINs both of which take three working days to process.
Can I choose my own PIN?
- No, PIN numbers for Debit Cards are system generated. Therefore, you cannot choose your own PIN.
Do I get charged to use my VISA Debit Card at ATMs?
- No, once the card is used at any of ABL’s ATMs or any P.O.S terminal, there is no charge.
- If the card is used at any other bank’s ATM there is a charge of $3.00 plus 0.33% of the amount withdrawn. This charge is not levied by ABL but rather by the other bank as a fee for using their ATM.
How do I request a replacement for my VISA Debit (ATM) card/PIN?
- You can visit any of our customer service representatives at any of our branches to fill out a replacement form or through the Contact Us once logged into Atlantic Online.
What is cost of replacement card/PIN?
- The card replacement fee and / or PIN reprint is $10.00.
Is there a charge to withdraw without passbook?
- A charge of $6.05 is incurred to withdraw without a passbook provided a valid ID is presented.
Do I pay an operating charge or fee to operate my savings or checking Accounts?
- There are no service charges for operating a saving or checking account.
What added value do I get with my savings or checking accounts?
- A FREE Visa Check Card, which also acts as an ATM card. The Visa Check Card is accepted anywhere the Visa logo is displayed.
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE Bill Payments whether processed online or through our tellers.
- Payments to Social Security and Government of Belize for taxes are also FREE of cost.
How can I re-order checkbooks?
- Wallet type checkbooks include a form that is to be filled out, signed and returned to any customer service representative at any of our branches for processing. Wallet type checkbooks cost $3.30.
- Desk type checkbooks require written authorization by the business owner to be sent in for processing. Desk type checkbooks cost $16.35.
- Orders can also be sent via Online Banking through the Contact Us feature.
- You can also place your orders via telephone; provided that a staff member can verify your identity.
When I deposit other banks’ robert checks into my account, when do the funds become available?
- ABL checks that are deposited at the Belize City branches become available after one working day.
- Other bank’s checks that are deposited at the Belize City branches become available after three working days.
- Other bank’s checks that are deposited at any other out district branch becomes available after seven working days.
- Any foreign checks that are deposited at any branch become available after forty working days.
How do I change my address?
- Customers who operate checking accounts are provided with a change of address form on the back of their monthly statements. The form can be filled out and mailed in to the customer service representative at any of our branches.
- All customers are welcomed to visit our customer service representatives at any of our branches to fill out the “change of address” form.
How many checks can I issue per month?
- Personal Checking Account holders are allowed 10 FREE checks per month. Corporate Checking Account holders are allowed 20 FREE checks per month (Any additional issued checks will incur a service charge of $1.00 per issued check).
What is minimum balance to open a Time Deposit?
- • Time Deposits start with a minimum balance of $50,000.00.
What are the terms offered for a Time Deposit?
- You can choose your Time Deposits based on a 3 months, 6 months or 12 months term.
What are the current Time Deposit rates?
- • We offer attractive rates which are negotiable depending on the amount and term. Visit any of our customer service representatives at any of our branches for more information.
Can I view my credit card statement online?
- As long as your credit card is linked to your Online banking you will be able to view your account balances Online. If your credit card statement is not linked to your online banking, send us an email with your request through our Contact Us.
Can I make my credit card payments online?
- Yes, if your credit card is linked to your Personal Online, you can make payments online FREE of cost. Once you have logged in to Personal Online, click the “payments tab” and then “credit card payments” on the options menu bar and proceed to make your payment.
Is my credit card payment processed immediately?
- Yes, all credit card payments are processed immediately and your new credit card balance can be viewed instantly.
How do I qualify for a credit card?
- You will need an employment letter that shows that you have been employed for more than a year and earning a salary of at least $1,000 monthly.
How does Atlantic Bank decide the monthly minimum balance?
- Your monthly minimum payment is calculated at 8.33% of your ending balance plus interest and any other fees incurred.
What is meant by cut-off period?
- The cut-off period is an assigned day, either the 10th or 26th of each month, that your monthly transactions are posted to your bill, if you have done transactions after your cut- off period it will be posted to the following month’s bill instead.
What is a cash advance fee?
- When you receive cash either through the teller or ATM, a cash advance fee, i.e. 3.5% of withdrawn amount, is assessed.
What other fees can be charged to my credit card account?
- If you charge your card over your credit limit an over the limit fee of $25 will apply. If the minimum payment is late, a late fee of $25 applies and if you missed a payment an arrears fee of $25 will apply.
If I pay off my balance in full, how much interest will I pay?
- The amount charged in interest is charged at the cut-off period, but will be reimbursed to your account upon payment of your entire outstanding balances
How do I check my balance between statements?
- To view your balance, you can sign up at any Atlantic Bank office for FREE personal online banking services.
What is photo security?
- Photo security is a FREE feature that allows you to place your photo on your credit card for identification purposes that provides even more protection against fraud.
What should I do in the case that my credit card is lost/stolen?
- To report a lost/stolen card, immediately contact Atlantic Bank’s Main Office at 223-4123 anytime, day or night.
How do I sign up for online banking?
- For both Personal and Corporate Online banking you can visit any of our customer service representatives at any of our branches to fill out an application form.
- For Corporate Online banking our sale officers countrywide can be contacted for a personal visit to apply for the service.
How do I receive my username and password?
- After applying for Personal Online banking, the username and password are emailed to the applicant. The password can easily be changed after the first sign in. A mini token is required if a customer will use the third party option; if not then a four-digit PIN will be sent via email.
- For Corporate Online banking a token and user name is provided to the user in a sealed envelope.
Do I pay for online banking?
- Personal Online banking is FREE of cost.
- Corporate Online is FREE of cost. However, there are transaction fees for Payroll, Payments to Suppliers and Third Party Transfers.
How do I add or delete an account from my online banking?
- To add or delete an account simply send your request through our Contact Us on Atlantic Online or visit any of our branches countrywide.
Why did we change the way a Personal user logs in?
- The personal log in has been changed to add an extra level of protection to your accounts. The mini token or PIN along with your username and password identifies you as the true owner of your account. The secret questions are another method to help verify your identity in the case of a lost or forgotten password. The personal phrase and image authenticates our website to you, ensuring that you are on the correct Atlantic Bank website.
Do I need a mini token?
- If you require the third party transfer option, you will need a mini token. Customers with account balances of $50,000 or greater are highly recommended to apply for a mini token, as well.
Do I need to pay for the mini token?
- No, the mini token is FREE of cost. However, if the token is lost, stolen, or damaged a replacement fee of $40.00 will be assessed.
How do I change my unique picture?
- To change your unique picture, simply login at Atlantic Online, go to user, and click on “PPI (My Personal Phrase and Image)” then “click on change my PPI”.
What is the purpose of the unique picture?
- This unique picture and phrase will help you to authenticate Atlantic Bank’s login page. This process indicates to you that you have accessed the correct website and you may enter your password. If the unique picture and phrase does not match your picture and phrase, you should discontinue the log in process and contact your nearest Atlantic Bank office.
How do I change my password?
- To change your password, log into Atlantic Online, select user, and then click on change my password. Passwords should be at least (6) characters and are also alpha numeric.
How do I get a new password if it is forgotten?
- To acquire a new password click on the forgot password button on the login page. You will be asked to answer three (3) secret questions that you had previously chosen. Once you have answered them correctly, you will be able to enter a new password. If you have forgotten the answers to your secret questions, then you will need to visit your nearest Atlantic Bank branch.
What bills am I able to pay online?
- ABL offers FREE online bill pay. This includes: Belize Electricity Limited, Belize Telemedia Limited, Belize Water Services, Centaur Cable Network, Central Cable Vision, Channel Broadcasting Cable, Coral Cable Vision, General Sales Tax, Government of Belize Income Taxes, Belize Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Belize Social Security Board, Netking Communications, and Rialto Caribe.
Can I make payments to schools online?
- Yes, ABL offers FREE online school payments. These schools include: Belize Elementary School, Pallotti High School, St. Catherine’s Academy, St. John’s College, Ladyville Technical High School, Sacred Heart College, Galen University, and University of Belize. To make a school payment, log in with your Personal Online account and go to the payments tab. Click on School Payment, then select the school you want to pay from the list. Enter the student number and proceed to make payment.
Can I use my credit card to make online bill payments?
- Yes, you are able to make your Belize Electricity Limited, Belize Telemedia Limited, Belize Water Services, Central Cable Vision, Channel Broadcasting Cable, Coral Cable Vision, Netking Communications, St. Catherine’s Academy, Sacred Heart College, Galen University, and University of Belize payments. Go to atlabank.com and roll over “Bill Pay with any Visa or MasterCard Credit Card” and select the service you would like. Then enter your customer number and the account number located on your utility bill or school invoice.